Compliance in procurement
“If you think compliance is expensive, try non-compliance” - former U.D. deputy attorney general Paul J. McNulty
Currently organisations operate in a very uncertain business environment and a dynamically changing legal environment. Above all, they are exposed to risks related to corruption, data leakage, loosing reputation or fraud.
Businesses rather than advanced tools to reduce various types of risk, audits or complex processes, need a culture strengthening ethical behaviour, awareness and education. That is the role of Compliance!
How does Eveneum support your compliant procurement?
We will help you to create appropriate compliance structures and tools tailored to your organization and its needs. We will build a Compliance that will not only ensure alignement with the law and regulations but will become a part of your organisation's DNA. Our goal is to increase the efficiency of your procurement department with a focus on making the right choices and to help with the muddle of regulations.
Małgorzata Lazar, phd
Do you need Compliance?
Answer questions, check the current status of your organization
- Do you have a procurement policy?
- Are your suppliers required to comply with the Code of Ethics?
- Do you have a separate code of ethics for the procurement department?
- Do you conduct a regular fraud risk assessment?
- Do you have a procedure for monitoring supplier compliance and completed sourcing projects?
- Do you conduct an in-depth supplier analysis before establishing cooperation and regularly during its duration?
- Do you segment suppliers?
- Do you have a list of internal checks in the procurement process?
- Do you have properly defined roles in the procurement process to protect against fraud?
- Do you conduct compliance audits including examination of financial documentation and source documents, including potential conflict of interest, misappropriation of assets or corruption?
- Do you have an appropriate whistleblowing channel available to employees and also to suppliers?
- Do you have adequately trained employees to perform an investigation?
- Do you provide regular trainings and workshops to raise awareness of employees about their responsibility for performance, reputation and efficiency of the company?
If you answered NO to one or more questions then your business is exposed to financial or operational loss.
Co otrzymasz w ramach współpracy z nami?
Anticorruption Program (ISO 37001) in procurement and Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR, ISO 26000)
Ensuring compliance of the purchasing process with standards and legal regulations, ie FCPA; Sapin I, II; UK Anti-bribery Act. Anti-corruption, competition and fair trade policies, procedures and clauses.
Know Your Vendors Program. Policy for Acceptance and Giving Gifts and other benefits. Measures verifying the reliability and credibility of suppliers. Trade regulations compliance (sanction lists, eg OFAC, ). Incorporation of appropriate clauses in offers and contracts.
Internal audits of the Procure to Pay (P2P) process.
Creating or recommending changes to the check-list, e.g. supplier review/audit, procurement process documentation, obligatory anti-fraud analyses.
Procurement policy. Documentation of the processes. Processes improvement and alignement to ensure consistency with the strategy and compliance with legal requirements.
Supplier Code of Conduct. Code of ethics for suppliers. Trainings for employees.
Our innovative solutions are individually tailored to suit your needs. Get in touch with our Eveneum consultant in order to learn more about working with us.