How do sellers undermine the client’s negotiating position?
Training dedicated to technical people and those without commercial preparation who are in contact with suppliers.
Don't let them catch you off-guard
- Do you feel that the supplier is deaf to your attempts to negotiate conditions of cooperation?
- Have you come across the problem of top-down imposed arrangements or reference to the general terms & conditions?
- Does the supplier refer to the arrangements with the R&D, technical or production department?
- Do you feel that the supplier is not taking you seriously?
You are probably a victim of the Backdoor Selling!
WHAT is the BACKDOOR SELLING?
It is a deliberate action of a salesmen to:
- undermine negotiation position of a customer
- increase a chance to sell his product
- secure his margin
- win an order and secure his bonus
Bet on the proven standards
Our goal is to raise awareness of the risks and losses associated with the Backdoor Selling in industrial and technical industries. Through analysis of real examples and negotiation games, we teach how to oppose the Backdoor Selling practices of sellers and use them to achieve own goals.
In particular, we pay attention to the following areas:
- 80% of the cost is defined when the specification is ready
- You don't have to answer every question. You can answer the question with a question!
- What do salesmen ask engineers about and what engineers shouldn't answer?
- The cost of changing a validated product / approved supplier is much higher than changing a concept
- In negotiations "nothing is agreed until everything is agreed"
- Why does the seller by-pass purchasing and prefer technical departments?
- How do suppliers undermine the client’s negotiating position?
- Techniques of small favors and planned concessions
- Purchasing strategy and product development strategy
What do we teach about dealing with corporate suppliers?
Dealing with a corporate supplier is no mean task. Apart from being highly innovative large businesses have superbly trained sellers, set on systematically building and improving their market position. They are always ready to spring into action and have an answer to your every question. They employ exceptionally effective as well as intricate strategies, which makes them unpredictable and difficult business partners.
Do not let them push you around!
Choose our carefully crafter Protection from the Backdoor Selling workshop!
- 16-17 Apr 2020
- 4-6 Jun 2020
- 14-15 Sep 2020
- 16-17 Nov 2020
Fill out the form and we will contact you.
Investment per person: 1050PLN + VAT
For group registrations, please contact us to submit a special offer.